Jijila- commune- Măcin Mountains / Danube – Jijila (lake)- Neolithic settlement traces and of a Roman fortress made of stone with corner towers, The church “St. Demetrius ” 1859;

Jijila- Garvăn village- Măcin Mountains / Danube – Jijila (lake)- Bisericuţa Island- the ruins of the fortress Dinogeţia (Roman-Byzantine) I-   IV centuries, built on the site of a Geto-Dacian settlement- thesaurus – The monastery dedicated to the “Life Giving Fountain – Dinogeţia”  (next to the archaeological site).

The construction is distinguished by the supple shape conferred by the high towers joined to the nave. The entire building is simple and elegant and the iconographic representations were executed skillfully and painstakingly. The interior of the church gives you that feeling of intimacy, familiarity, necessary to feel closer to God. The religious scenes depicted on the iconostasis of the church are impressive.

On October 25, 2014, on the Day of the Romanian Army, in the presence of the war veterans, of a military guard and of the officials of Tulcea County, was unveiled an imposing Monument dedicated to the Heroes that died in the First and Second World War.
All the Heroes written on the marble plaque attached to the monument have left to defend their Homeland from the lands of Văcăreni Commune.

Stelian Cucu was born in Văcăreni village, Tulcea, on January 30, 1904, from parents from Râmnicul Sărat. He finished the primary school and the high school in Râmnicul Sărat, then he graduated from the Faculty of letters and philosophy, the Roman philology department of the University of Bucharest (1922-1925). He returns in the town of his childhood as a teacher of Romanian language and literature, fulfilling, at the same time, with some intermittences, the position of principal at the Commercial School and the Theoretical High School, today „AL Vlahuţă“. The activity of nearly two decades in Râmnicul Sărat is prodigious: leading cultural animator, magazine editor („Glas tânăr“ : 1932-1941, where he launches surprising studies and essays about Ion Creangă, Hasdeu, Iorga, Bolintineanu, C. Kiriţescu), literary chronicler at „Lumina“ – the press body of the Association of Teachers from Râmnicul Sărat . In the series of essays (excerpts), Stelian Cucu proposes the image of a new Creangă, creator of worlds, psychologies and types, for which the writer from Humulesti should be removed from among the „folk” storytellers, of the folklorists.  From this period date also the first plaquettes with lyrics (debut 1929), collaboration at „Luceafărul” from Brăila, „Pământul“ from Călăraşi, „Cuget clar“ under the direction of N. Iorga.

In 1945, transferred to the Capital, works at different schools, publishes poems in magazines like „Ateneu“, „România literară“, „Flacăra“, „Interferenţe“, attends cenacles.

Consistent to a superior climate of self-exigence and modesty, Stelian Cucu distinguishes in everything as a poet of the tradition, of deep sensitivity and acuity of ideas. The exigency to himself would explain the large intervals between books after 1944; a land timidity, deepened in front of the contemporary dynamism.